Go To Search
Click to Home

General Voter Information
The following is general information for voters requesting assistance, voting hours, party affiliation, write-in voting, and sick, physically disabled, or illiterate voters.  Also click here to see the Document Center, Clerk, Election folder which contains more detailed information by election year.

Assistance in Voting
A voter may request assistance if unable to vote unassisted by reason of physical disability, visual handicap, lack of proficiency in reading the English language, and being 65 years old and older.

Voting Hours
The polls in Harper County are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Party Affiliation
There is new information on party affiliation.  Click to see the 2016 Election Deadlines or see this and more in the Document Center, Clerk, Election, 2016 Election folder.

A voter may declare a party affiliation at the time of registration, or choose not to be affiliated with any political party. If a voter is registered as unaffiliated the voter may sign a declaration at the voting place during a primary election. The voter would then remain the declared party chosen at the primary election until changed by re-registering under a different or unaffiliated party.

A voter may change party affiliation by re-registering at any time while voter registration is open. View voter registration locations.

Write-In Voting
To vote for a person whose name is not printed on the ballot, write that persons name on the line provided and darken the oval to the left of the name.

Write-in votes are permitted in primary elections for precinct committeemen and committeewoman, and when there is no candidate who has filed for the particular office in question. Write-in votes are permitted in all general elections. Optical Scanning System Rules and Regulations prohibit the use of labels on ballots.

Sick, Physically Disabled, or Illiterate Voters
Special voting procedures are available for any voter having a permanent or temporary illness or disability that would make it difficult or impossible for that voter to vote at a voting place. All registration and voting procedures may be handled by mail. A sick, disabled, or illiterate voter may apply for a ballot.

Sick, physically disabled, or illiterate voters who are unable to mark or transmit an advance ballot may receive assistance from another person. The person rendering assistance must sign a statement and return both the statement and the advance ballot to the Harper County Clerk’s office by the time the polls close on election day.

Registered voters having permanent physical disabilities or illnesses are permitted to automatically receive advance ballot status when a permanent voter application is filled out properly and returned to the Harper County Clerk’s office.

If an elderly or disabled voter is able to go to the voting place, but finds it inaccessible by reason of stairs or steps, such voter may request that his or her ballot be brought to the entrance of the voting place.

Harper County, KS
201 N. Jennings Ave.
Anthony, KS  67003
Ph: 1-877-537-2110