Complaints & Changes

If You Have a Complaint Concerning Your Medical Records

If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Harper County or with the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). To file a complaint with Harper County or to receive additional information about how to file a complaint with the DHHS, contact a Harper County Privacy Officer.

All complaints must be submitted in writing. We cannot, and will not, require you to waive the right to file a complaint as a condition of receiving treatment from Harper County. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.

If Changes are Made to This Notice

Harper County reserves the right to change this Notice. Harper County reserves the right to make the revised or changed Notice applicable to health information we already have about you, as well as, any information we receive in the future. Harper County will post a current copy of the Notice in all identified locations. You will find the date the Notice became effective at the top of the first page below the title.

If a material change is made to the Notice you will be presented with a new version of the Notice of Privacy Practices. You will be asked to sign a new Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement form. In addition, each time you register for services with Harper County, a copy of the current Notice in effect will be given to you if you request it.